A 21-year-old Gilroy man died Tuesday from a gunshot wound suffered over New Year’s weekend, authorities said, the second victim from a series of shootings to begin the new year.
Letters: Honors for officer | ‘Both sides’ | Carnage predictable | Accomplishments overshadowed | Election challenge precedent
3 of 6 jail inmates who escaped from Northern California jail back in custody
Man killed in shooting south of downtown San Jose
Santa Clara County jail coroanvirus infections keep soaring as officials ponder another batch release
Trump, in new video, appeals for calm in DC
The victim, identified by police as Robert Marks, 21, was found in his car at the intersection of Santa Teresa Boulevard and Mantelli Drive, in a residential portion of northwest Gilroy, by police investigating reports of a shooting the night of Jan. 2. Marks had been shot and was rushed to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, which he succumbed to on Tuesday, police said.
On Jan. 3, another man was shot and killed about 3 miles south, on Fairview Drive, a block away from where another shooting was reported on New Year’s evening.
Suspects fled the scene of each shooting before police arrived on the scene, police said.
Investigations are still under way into each of the New Year’s weekend homicides.
Anyone with information about the weekend’s shootings can contact Gilroy Detective Christopher Silva at 408-846-0335 or Detective Jason Greathead at 408-846-0373. Anonymous tips can be called in to 408-846-0330.
Source:: The Mercury News – Entertainment