PROVO — A Mexican restaurant that erupted in flames Monday night in Provo is a total loss, and so are several second-story offices above, fire officials said Tuesday.
The cause of the fire wasn’t known, but investigators don’t believe there was any foul play.
The blaze began in the basement of Los Hermanos, making it difficult and dangerous for crews to battle. One firefighter sustained a minor shoulder injury after falling down stairs, Provo Fire and Rescue officers said in a Facebook post.
The restaurant at 71 E. Center had been closed Monday for construction when crews were called to the blaze about 7 p.m. A neighboring apartment building was evacuated twice as firefighters battled flames shooting through the roof. Residents took shelter from the cold in a Utah Transit Authority bus brought to house them temporarily.
A portion of Center Street remained closed Tuesday as firefighers put out hot spots.
Source:: Deseret News – Utah News