Summary List Placement
For a long time, podcasts were connected with Apple devices in the popular consciousness, likely because it was easy to associate podcasts with the original Apple iPod.
The reality, of course, is that no mobile platform has a claim to podcasts, and virtually any podcast you can find on the iPhone’s Apple Podcasts app is also available for Android.
Here are two different ways to find and listen to podcasts on Android.
How to listen to podcasts on Android using Google Podcasts
Hands down, the easiest way to listen to podcasts is by subscribing to them in a podcast app. You can use Google Podcasts or any third-party podcast app, of which there are many, such as Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and even Spotify.
1. If you want to try the official Google Podcasts app, install Google Podcasts from the Google Play store.
2. You can browse the Explore page, but to find a specific podcast, tap the search bar at the top of the page and enter the name of the podcast you’re looking for.
3. In the search results, tap the podcast you want to listen to.
4. The next page contains an entry for the show itself at the top of the page followed by a list of individual episodes and other results. Tap the entry for the podcast at the top of the page.
5. If you want to subscribe to the show, which will automatically download the latest episode to your phone when it’s available, tap “Subscribe.”
6. To listen to a specific episode, scroll through the list of episodes and tap the Play button for the one you want to hear.
How to listen to podcasts on Android from a website
If you don’t want to go to the trouble of installing a podcast app and subscribing to shows, you might be able to listen to a podcast from your mobile web browser. Many (but not all) podcasts can be streamed from the host’s website.
1. In a browser on your Android device, open the webpage that contains the podcast. You might need to search for it – for example, a search for “NPR podcast” can take you to npr.com/podcasts.
2. Browse for the podcast show or episode you want to listen to.
3. Tap the “Play” or “Listen” button to begin streaming it to your phone.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to add Apple Podcasts to your Sonos speaker using AirPlay
How to play podcasts on your Alexa-enabled smart speaker
‘Does Pandora have podcasts?’: How to listen to podcasts on Pandora or Pandora Plus or Premium
How to listen to podcasts on your Android device using the Google Play Music app
How to play podcasts on your Google Home smart speaker in 2 different ways
SEE ALSO: The best Wear OS smartwatches you can …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech