Summary List Placement
It’s easy to change your Gmail display theme on a desktop, and it’s equally as easy to change to dark mode on your iPhone.
If you’re running iOS 13 or newer, you can change your iPhone’s system theme to dark mode.
If you don’t want to change the mode on your entire phone, you can make only Gmail display in dark mode from the Gmail app’s “Themes” menu.
Here’s what you need to know about changing the look of Gmail on your iPhone.
How to make Gmail display in dark mode on iPhone using system settings
The easiest way to turn on dark mode in Gmail is to turn on dark mode on your device as a whole.
To do this, you’ll need to be running iOS 13 or later.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap the “Display & Brightness” tab.
2. On the page that opens, you’ll see a variety of options. To turn on dark mode in Gmail, select either the “Dark” option at the top of the screen, or tap the toggle switch next to “Automatic.”
Turning on Automatic will make it so Gmail displays in light mode during the day, and dark mode at night.
When you open Gmail, you should now find that it displays in dark mode.
How to make Gmail display in dark mode on iPhone using Gmail themes
If you only want the Gmail app to display in dark mode, try looking for the “Themes” menu within the Gmail app.
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone. From any page or inbox, tap the three bars in the upper left corner to open the main menu.
2. Scroll down until you see the gear icon labeled “Settings.” Tap it to open the settings menu.
3. Tap “Theme.”
4. The three theme options are “Light,” “Dark,” and “System default.” Select “Dark” from the list of options, or “System default” if your entire iPhone is set to dark mode or to automatically change from light to dark, or vice versa.
5. Tap the back arrow until you return to your inbox.
Your Gmail app will now be in dark mode.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to get Gmail notifications on your iPhone in 2 different ways
How to make Gmail display in dark mode on your Android device
How to change your recovery email in Gmail using your computer
How to create email templates in Gmail so you can save time formatting routine emails
‘Where is my Spam folder in Gmail?’: How to find and clear your Spam folder, or mark messages as ‘not spam’
SEE ALSO: The best iPhone accessories from cases to lightning cables
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: Epidemiologists debunk 13 coronavirus myths
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech