Summary List Placement
By default, Instagram accounts are set to be public. But there is always the option to go private, meaning only followers you approve will be able to see your posts.
When you make your Instagram account private, everyone who is already following you will still follow you. But new followers will only be able to request to follow you (those requests will appear in your Instagram notifications tab) and you’ll be able to approve or decline those requests.
Here’s how to make your Instagram private, whether you’re on your mobile device or a desktop computer.
What happens when you make Instagram private
Approving followers. When your Instagram account is private, you’ll have to approve all follow requests, and only those you approve will be able to see your content.
Seeing requests. If someone requests to follow your private account, you’ll see a notification by clicking the heart icon at the top-right of the app homepage.
Removing followers. When you set your account from public to private, everyone who was already following you will still be following your private account. You can remove a follower, or block a user so they can no longer view your private account without sending a request.
Getting messages. Anyone who doesn’t follow your private account can still send you a message.
How to make Instagram private on the mobile app
1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
2. Tap your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the app.
3. Tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of your profile page.
4. In the pop-up, select Settings.
5. On the Settings page, select Privacy.
6. At the top of the Privacy page, swipe the button next to Private Account to the right, turning the button from grey to blue.
7. In the pop-up, select Switch to Private.
How to make Instagram private on a desktop computer
1. Go to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
2. Click your profile icon in the top-right corner of the screen and select Settings in the drop-down.
3. In the sidebar menu on the left of the Settings page, click the Privacy and Security tab.
4. At the top of the page, check the box next to Private Account to make your account private.
Once you make your account private, you can always go back in and change it back to a public account via your account settings.
How to use the Close Friends feature on Instagram and share your Stories with a select group of followersHow to tell if someone has muted you on Instagram, so that your posts won’t appear in their feed
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech
Marvel Studios & Disney+ | SUPER BOWL 2021 | Promo