Summary List Placement
While Signal is best known as a highly secure messaging app that delivers end-to-end encryption for text, voice and video, it doesn’t neglect ordinary conveniences. If you commonly communicate with a person or group, for example, you can pin that chat so it’s easy to find.
How to pin chats on Signal on an iPhone
1. Open the Signal app on your iPhone.
2. Find the individual or group chat that you want to pin to the top of the screen and swipe it to the right. Don’t swipe it all the way, or you will mark it as unread. Stop when you see the options appear.
3. Tap “Pin.”
The chat should now appear in the Pinned section at the top of the screen. If you no longer need this conversation pinned, you can repeat the process you followed to pin it: Swipe it to the right and tap “Unpin.”
How to pin chats on Signal on Android
1. Open the Signal app on your Android.
2. Find the chat you want to pin to the top of the screen. Tap and hold it until the banner appears at the top of the screen.
3. In the banner, tap the Pin icon.
The chat should now appear in the Pinned section at the top of the screen. If you decide you no longer want it pinned, repeat the process you followed to pin it. Tap and hold the conversation, then tap the Unpin icon in the banner at the top of the screen.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to change your phone number on the Signal messaging app on an iPhone or Android device
How to lock your Signal messaging app with a passcode and keep all of your private conversations and files secure
How to change your profile picture on the Signal messaging app, or blur your photo on an Android for added privacy
How to create a Signal chat to talk with individuals or groups on the secure messaging platform
How to add someone to a Signal group chat or remove users
SEE ALSO: The best Wear OS smartwatches you can buy
Join the conversation about this story »
NOW WATCH: What it takes to become a backup dancer for Beyoncé
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech