Summary List Placement
If you regularly delete your iPhone messages or recently mass deleted them to free up storage space, hopefully you saved the texts you still needed.
But in the case you didn’t, and now need to recover one or more, you can retrieve your deleted texts by restoring a recent backup version from iCloud or your computer through iTunes.
And if you want to recover your deleted messages from your iPhone without having to overwrite your iPhone and lose other data, you can check to see if your iCloud account is backing up your texts or using a paid third-party app.
Here’s how to do it all.
Recover deleted text messages on iPhone with an iCloud backup
If your iPhone is set to backup to iCloud, you may be able to recover a deleted text message from a recent backup by doing a full restore.
Note: An iCloud backup will revert your iPhone back to a point when you still had the deleted text messages, so you may lose some saved data or have to sign back into certain apps.
To recover deleted messages on iPhone with iCloud:
1. Open the Settings app and tap your name at the top.
2. Select iCloud > iCloud Backup and check that your iPhone has been backed up recently.
3. Go back to the main Settings menu and select General.
4. Scroll down and click Reset > Erase all Content and Settings > Erase now.
5. Your iPhone will take a few minutes to reset to factory conditions. After that, you’ll be greeted with the iPhone’s initial welcome screen. Go through the first few steps, and on the Apps & Data screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
6. Sign in to iCloud to access your backups, then choose which backup you want to restore from the list of iCloud backups, each of which is dated. Pick the last backup before you deleted the text messages to recover them.
Recover deleted messages on iPhone with iTunes
As long as you backed up your phone to your computer when you still had the text you wanted, you can restore deleted messages from your iPhone using iTunes — which despite Apple phasing out as a service — is still available on all Mac computers.
To retrieve deleted iPhone messages with iTunes:
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer and open iTunes, if it doesn’t pop up automatically.
2. Click on the phone icon at the top of the screen and choose Summary from the menu on the left.
3. If the Restore Backup button is grayed out, change your backup selection from iCloud to This Computer. You can change it back after you find the text you need.
4. Click Restore Backup and your old texts will reappear on your phone.
Recover deleted text messages from iCloud account
This option isn’t available for everyone, as iCloud doesn’t back up SMS messages in every territory or for all every phone carrier. But if you have the option available, it’s an easy way to restore your deleted messages without losing any data.
1. …read more
Source:: Businessinsider – Tech
Marvel Studios & Disney+ | SUPER BOWL 2021 | Promo