Twitter locked the official Trump campaign account after it referred to the New York Post’s dubious story on Hunter Biden

Trump Twitter

Summary List Placement

The official Trump campaign Twitter account has been locked after it posted clips relating to the recent New York Post story about Hunter Biden, according to its communications director Tim Murtaugh. 

Tweeting from his own account, Murtaugh said that the campaign tweet posted a video clip of what he described without evidence as Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “lying,” about his son Hunter.

The campaign tweet is no longer available. 

“Twitter has locked out @TeamTrump for posting video of clips of Joe Biden lying about never speaking to Hunter about foreign business deals. Includes snips of @nypost exposing the lies,” Murtaugh said in his tweet.

“Biden doesn’t dispute the authenticity of the docs. STILL protecting Biden from bad story.”

Murtaugh’s tweet also included a screenshot of the @TeamTrump account which said it had been locked for “violating our rules against posting private information.”

The account has more than 2 million followers and had been sharing numerous clips of President Donald Trump’s reaction to the New York Post article published on Wednesday.

Twitter has locked out @TeamTrump for posting video of clips of Joe Biden lying about never speaking to Hunter about foreign business deals.

Includes snips of @nypost exposing the lies.

Biden doesn’t dispute the authenticity of the docs.

STILL protecting Biden from bad story. pic.twitter.com/VGJPYGiwlU

— Tim Murtaugh – Download the Trump 2020 app today! (@TimMurtaugh) October 15, 2020

Business Insider has contacted Twitter to find out the content of the unavailable tweet that prompted the locking, and asked the reasoning for the account being barred.

  Bond billionaire Bill Gross is entangled in a messy feud with his Laguna Beach neighbor over a million-dollar sculpture and the 'Gilligan's Island' theme song

Twitter cited the same rule when blocking the circulation of the controversial New York Post article earlier today. 

As Business Insider’s Sonam Sheth has reported, the New York Post story has numerous question marks over its accuracy and sourcing.  

Conservatives have been in uproar over the actions social media companies have taken to limit the sharing of the New York Post article, as Business Insider’s Tom Porter reported. 

 It is the second Twitter account of a Trump campaign figure that has been locked for sharing the article, after White House spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany’s account was also suspended.

Twitter founder Jack Dorsey earlier tweeted an admission that company communication over this decision  “was not great” and that blocking sharing of links without providing context for the decision was “unacceptable.”

Join the conversation about this story »

NOW WATCH: Why thoroughbred horse semen is the world’s most expensive liquid

…read more

Source:: Businessinsider – Tech

      

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *